PATENT PENDING. U.S. Serial Number 15/223,711.
Topics in Summary of changes...
- June 2019
- May 2019
- August 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- August 2017
Last updated: Mon Jun 24 2019 11:31:29 GMT+0800 (W. Australia Standard Time)
- Support for collecting transactions that contain commands that cause affinities or that makes them threadsafe ineligible. For more information, see Affinities and threadsafe analysis.
WITHGROUPINGcontrol statement performs automatic grouping of CICS regions during system discovery process.
- New control statement TRACENUM provides a method for customers to insert user trace entries in their programs to aid in the identification of programs invoked by CALL and EXEC LOAD statements. For more information, see Creating and viewing your own trace entries.
- Rocket Software product rebranding
- Replace incorrectly documented message TXC4004E with message TXC4003E. For more information, see TXC4003E.
- First release of the C\Prof Web UI, a transaction analysis and profiling interface you can use in a web-browser. For more information, see C\Prof Web UI.
- Display statement number for EXEC SQL calls. See the STMT# column in Columns available for application events.
View and load auxiliary trace data sets for a group of CICS regions using line action XG. For more information, see Opening registered auxiliary trace data sets and Importing auxiliary trace data sets into the profiler.
Customers who have applied CICS Transaction Server APAR PI77659 which updates CICS trace to record the CPU type (CP or zIIP) on each trace entry can now view this information by drilling down to the formatted trace entry. For more information on viewing formatted trace, see Browsing trace entries.
New form field TCB Switch Count is now available on the Transaction List. TCB Switch Count shows the number of TCB mode switches that occurred for each transaction. To access this field, enter the Form command.
Important: If you are upgrading from a previous release of C\Prof, you may need reset your form using the DEFAULTS command to see this change.
New form fields TCB ID (switching) and STMT# (statement number) now available on the Application Events panel. To access these fields, enter the Form command.
Important: If you are upgrading from a previous release of C\Prof, you may need reset your form using the DEFAULTS command to see these changes.
The following configuration control statements are now available:
- PERMISSIONS control statement (optional)
- MAXDURATION control statement (optional)
- Use the MAXDURATION control statement to limit requests to record for profiling and record to auxiliary trace data sets to a specified maximum duration. For more information, see MAXDURATION.
Centralized monitoring and control of trace collection across LPARs via the C\Prof Region List and the new SERVER collection mode. To use the feature, complete the instructions provided in the getting started section (see Getting started).
- New C\Prof trace control program TXCCICS1 and associated TRACECONTROL control statement allow C\Prof to automatically manage the state (STOPPED or STARTED) and size of the CICS internal trace as required for collection. For more information, see Configuring automatic internal trace control for specific CICS regions.
- The C\Prof trace viewer has moved to option 3 Trace on the C\Prof primary option menu. You can now also use this option to import auxiliary trace data sets into the C\Prof transaction profiler. For more information, see Working with auxiliary trace data sets.
- All ad hoc batch collection modes are now grouped into new option 4 Batch on the C\Prof primary option menu. This includes new options for importing auxiliary trace data set into the profiler, and an option to generate IPCS JCL for creating an auxiliary trace data set from a CICS dump with the C\Prof IPCS VERBEXIT. For more information, see Ad hoc batch data collection.
- Updated troubleshooting messages. For more information, see Messages and codes.