Why mainframe security matters
Did you know that up to 71% of a corporation's financial data can be stored on the mainframe? Contrary to popular belief, mainframes can be breached. Many organizations, misled by myths, neglect mainframe security, leading to potential breaches. Every z/OS environment has vulnerabilities - once exploited, hackers can access any data within.
ROCKET SOFTWARE MAINFRAME SECURITY: z/Assure®
Fortify defenses. Without the oversights.
Elevate your mainframe’s security posture with Rocket® z/Assure VAP, ensuring your system remains resilient against modern threats while optimizing its performance.
- Automated, real-time, binary code scanning: We make it possible for enterprises to scan the operating system layer of the mainframe to identify zero-day vulnerabilities without the use of signature files.
- Precise Vulnerability Detection: Utilize the power of the Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST) model, pinpointing real vulnerabilities and guiding developers directly to the issues.
- Detailed Vulnerability Reports: Empower your teams with comprehensive insights, streamlining the path to immediate remediation.
- Proactive Defense Strategy: By understanding and debunking the myths around mainframe security, z/Assure VAP ensures a proactive approach to strengthening mainframe defenses.
How z/Assure® VAP works
Manually scanning systems isn't just time-consuming—it's impractical. Rocket Software advocates for a systematic, automated approach:
- Initiate a baseline scan of your enterprise.
- Review the Vulnerability Detail Reports (VDRs).
- Engage with vendors using VDRs.
- Implement patches from vendors.
- Rescan to confirm vulnerability resolution.
- Regularly scan before maintenance is applied into your production environment.
Questions IT Risk Officers can ask
to determine gaps
Q1: Is the mainframe environment a part of your IT Risk Assessment methodology?
Q2:Does your compliance and risk team provide you with ongoing mitigation reports associated with operating system risks?
Q3: Do you have the proper controls, governance, and communication to leadership on all aspects of securing your mainframe environment?
Q4: Do you have a Mainframe Vulnerability Management Program? If not, what aspects of the mainframe are included in compliance audits?
Q5: Do you have compliance solutions that utilize the commonalities in all the compliance regulations?
Mainframe security products and services
Helps enterprises discover their risk exposure and take steps to protect their business from the types of breaches that lead to financial harm or regulatory violations.
Mainframe penetration testing
Elevate your z/OS security posture. With expert evaluations, we identify and fortify weak points in your core infrastructure, ensuring your business continuity and regulatory compliance.
Compliance risk assessments
Streamlined evaluations for CA ACF2®, CA Top Secret®, and RACF® environments. Stay aligned with industry standards like DISA STIGs, PCI DSS, and HIPAA.