Secure, audit, and monitor valuable IT data in a mainframe environment
Monitor valuable IT data in a mainframe environment, while providing real-time access to tape management data.
Automated Tape Management
Zara is a cost-effective, online media management system. Zara secures, audits, and monitors valuable IT data in a mainframe environment, while providing real-time access to tape management data.
Easy to Use
Zara provides easy-to-use formatted screens, simple operator commands, and online options for customizing the system. Zara tracks all dataset contents on a volume, determines tape status, and performs its own database maintenance.
Zara includes many features, such as transient tape support, SAF security, optional SMP/E support, alphanumeric volser support, peer-to-peer communication with silo devices, electronic vaulting support, real-time off-site storage management, and external label printing. Zara tracks the physical location and contents of every volume, whether in the data center or off-site, and provides this information through online displays and hard copy reports.
- Comprehensive, online, real-time data access and updates
- Transient tape management increases your control
- Easy online definition of retention values with no JCL changes
- Maximum flexibility with multiple CPU or mainframe environment support
- Direct communication improves ATL operational efficiency
- Open application program interface (API) ensures system integration
- Export and import services provide versatile administrative data management