Aerospace and defense manufacturing supply chains need to exchange documents and data to get products to market quickly, cost effectively, and at the right time to capitalize on a market opportunity. At Rocket, we’re experts in helping these manufacturers and their various partners better integrate and collaborate.
The global aerospace and defense industries are complicated and competitive—both from a manufacturing/supplier perspective and from a market perspective. Airplanes, military vehicles, weapon systems, and related products are technically complex, constantly-evolving, and often in service for decades. Fixed-wing airplanes, for example, often see active use for twenty years or more. These products are designed and manufactured to meet stringent cost, quality, safety, and environmental controls, and the design and manufacturing process normally involves collaboration with numerous prime contractors and joint venture (JV) partners globally. The designs and engineering documents for these products are both valuable and sensitive, as they often comprise the intellectual property of the company that designs them, and frequently subject to regulatory control under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Rocket B2B Supply Chain Integration solutions provide aerospace and defense manufacturers, their prime contractors and joint venture partners with fast, accurate and secure document and data exchange and collaboration capabilities.
Rocket has delivered proven value to aerospace and defense companies for many years, over multiple stages in the relationship life cycle. Our B2B Supply Chain Integration solutions cover many areas, including materials and parts sourcing and new supplier on-boarding. They're used by companies for the secure exchange of design and manufacturing data, both for new and existing products. We help customers achieve their quality goals across the extended enterprise, including the management of change and dealing with day-to-day challenges involved with managing corrective actions.
Rocket solutions are used to track activity for regulatory compliance reasons, and help with the exchange of data needed to ensure the acquisition, shipping, and receipt of parts and materials to maintain correct stocking levels in a manufacturing plant. We have spent years helping manufacturers, along with their JV partners, and prime contractors (and their subcontractors), solve numerous supply chain challenges, such as:
- Automating, securing, and managing CAD and PLM design data exchange, working alongside CAD or PLM systems such as CATIA V5, Creo (Pro/Engineer), NX (Unigraphics), Teamcenter and CIM Database
- Providing fully-managed EDI and web EDI solutions to achieve ERP-to-ERP business interoperability
- Facilitating safe and managed document access, exchange, and collaboration to ensure ITAR/EAR and ISO 27001 Information Security Management compliance
- Managing quality across the extended enterprise in support of ISO/TS16949 Quality Management System compliance
- Delivering managed file transfer solutions for secure document and data exchanges, using multiple communication protocols
- Automating processes and workflow integration for buyers managing RFQs with suppliers and engineers managing Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA)/Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR)
- Facilitating the implementation of EDI to process orders, invoices, shipments, and deliveries
- Implementing materials certificate management for standards including REACH and RoHS