At the heart of Safety’s business is a proprietary claims processing system, which runs on an IBM i environment. In 2011, the IT team started researching ways to better harness the system’s power while making it easier for employees to perform day-to-day tasks. A key bottleneck involved accessing third party systems which are essential to processing customer renewals in a timely fashion.
Long-time employees often found these databases difficult to use, with poor response times that impacted productivity. At the same time, many younger employees were commenting that the technology was difficult to learn and navigate. In fact, some employees had never seen a green screen before, having grown up with mobile and browser-based applications.
The IT team briefly considered replacing their existing systems but calculated that the project could take more than three years to complete and cost millions of dollars—with no guarantee of success.
- Converted more than 800 green screens to a modern GUI
- Helped grow the employee base to more than 33% Millennials
- Recorded a 75% decrease in the research time required to complete policy renewals
- Enhanced overall efﬁciency of the claims process, resulting in a better customer experience
- Rocket Modern Experience Web Edition (Formerly Rocket LegaSuite Web)
- Rocket Process Integration (Formerly Rocket API)
- Application Modernization
Want to learn more?
Not only have new employees reduced their training time by more than a week but our claims adjusters continue to provide positive feedback about the system. Everything is so perfectly organized you don’t really have to hunt to ﬁnd the information you need. In fact, instead of having to use all the function keys, you just double click.