BerkOne is a systems solutions provider/software value-added reseller (VAR) and high-volume transaction processing company with more than 80 years of experience as an IT-based service bureau. Serving over 300 organizations around the world, BerkOne’s multi-faceted organization provides turnkey software for business process automation, as well as scanning and lock box services, personalized business form printing and mailing, sophisticated clerical support, and physical records management.
BerkOne began business as the IT department for the H.A. Berkheimer company. In the 1980s, Berkheimer made major investments in information technology to modernize tax collection processes and was an early adopter of imaging and data base technology. Berkheimer first entered the service bureau business in the 1990s and spun out BerkOne as a separate company in 2003.
BerkOne’s philosophy is to continually look for new efficiencies to improve competitive advantage. In examining ways to more effectively support their users, BerkOne saw an opportunity to reduce the costs of its current terminal emulator by replacing it with an emulator that offered greater functionality and was easier to deploy.
Some departments rely on terminal emulation for different applications and usage cases, spanning approximately 325+ users to support the following functions:
- Earned Income Tax (accessing tax records)
- Delinquent Tax (requires the most scripting, usage of macros)
- Collections (similar to delinquent)
- Collateral Management (vehicle title lookups)
- Significant cost savings of approximately 50%
- Reduced deployment times by up to 80%
- Redeployed company resources to help deliver new customer initiatives
- Remote access and support
Technical Support Manager