New release of Rocket Terminal Emulator is now available
With this new release (10.1.0), Rocket® BlueZone® has been renamed as Rocket® Terminal Emulator. All current customers of any Rocket terminal emulator are entitled to this upgrade.
The new release is now available for download. Log in to the Rocket Community Portal and navigate to Downloads to find the Rocket Terminal Emulator installation folder.
Rocket Terminal Emulator 10.1.0
In this release, Rocket terminal emulation solutions have been renamed to Rocket Terminal Emulator (Desktop Edition) and Rocket Terminal Emulator (Web Edition), which correspond to the older BlueZone Desktop and BlueZone Web products. The version numbers have also been unified to 10.1.0 for both editions.
The highlights in this release of Rocket Terminal Emulator (Web Edition) include:
- Enhanced In-product tutorials and documentation
- Support for local and network printing
- Ability to transfer files using industry standard FTP, SFTP, FTPS protocols
- Support for Single sign-on SAML 2.0 Redirect
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA) support through Okta
- New localization support for Spanish
The highlights in this release of Rocket Terminal Emulator (Desktop Edition) include:
- Easy-to-use wizards for upgrading from previous versions of the product
- Specific support for upgrades from Passport PC to Host
BlueZone Web 1.2.1
Highlights for BlueZone Web 1.2.1 include general enhancements and bug fixes, as well as improvements to:
- 5250 protocol
- User interface features, including access to function keys such as Erase Input, Erase Field, etc
- Administration Console features, such as security authentication, administration roles, and port settings
- Zowe™ compatibility
Easily manage setup for host sessions as well as access and controls for users and groups. Ensure compliance to organizational policies, deliver better user experiences, and provide fast and improved terminal emulator support.
- Session management: Create and manage multiple sessions.
- User management: Create new users and groups. Assign users to different groups, and more.
- User controls: Manage which users or groups have the ability to record, edit and add scripts, as well as create and customize host sessions.
- Batch processing: Easily import and assign controls and groups to new users in batches.