New AI features in the Rocket Documentation Portal
February 2, 2024
A strong, reliable, information experience is critical to overall customer satisfaction. When customers turn to the Rocket Product Documentation Portal, they expect to quickly find and understand the answers to their questions. Rocket Software is consistently working to improve the customer experience when it comes to accessing critical information. As a part of that effort, we’ve recently implemented three AI-based features to the Rocket Documentation Portal. Now, users can take advantage of the following capabilities:
- Ask a question and get a GPT-based answer. Start by selecting a Rocket product. Then enter your question, being sure to put a question mark (?) at the end of it. The portal provides a synthesized answer, including a link to the HTML topic that is the source of the answer. If an answer is not found, the portal suggests that you clarify the question or provide additional context. The portal will never fabricate an answer, a practice known as a "hallucination." Currently, it provides answers only from HTML pages, not PDF files.
- Summarize content. Click the Summarize button at the top of an HTML topic to obtain a concise summary of the contents. This functionality is especially useful when a topic is very long.
- Explain this code. Click the button that is displayed above a block of code to obtain an explanation of the code. This functionality is available for command-line interfaces, scripts, and all programming languages.
AI functionality is not perfect. Not every question will result in an answer. Each answer will have a brief disclaimer at the bottom of the window. However, using analytics data from the portal, the documentation team can review the product-specific questions that do not return an answer. Then writers can focus on adding specific content that immediately improves the quality of the documentation.
To learn how to utilize these features, users can watch this short video. Or follow these steps to get started:
- Open the Rocket Product Documentation Portal. In the Find Your Product list, select your product. It is not mandatory to select a product first, but doing so narrows the search for an answer and produces faster, better results.
- Enter a detailed question in the Search field. Be sure to put a question mark (?) at the end of the question. The search results display a synthesized answer and a link to the topic that provided the answer.
Check out the Rocket Product Documentation Portal and try out these features. Want to let us know what you think? Just follow the feedback icon on each page to share feedback.