Rocket MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code v2.2.0 Now Available
September 12, 2023
We’re pleased to announce the availability of Rocket® MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code (VS Code) v2.2.0, which includes full debugging functionality for Rocket® UniVerse v 11.4.1. The debugging capabilities are based on gRPC, making the release stable and highly performant.
Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code (MVVS) offers features to help your developers modernize your MV-based application by making it easy to work more productively in Microsoft Visual Studio Code, one of the most popular development environments.
Starting with Rocket MVVS v1.7.0, a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) release, we shared a debugging preview with you and since then we've made several quarterly maintenance releases available on the VS Code Marketplace. These maintenance releases include new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
V2.2.0 includes some legacy bugs fixes:
- There’s no longer a compatibility issue with MV BASIC for VS Code v1.79.2.
- Using $INSERT files does not cause an error in the MV BASIC Editor.
- The BASIC command SDIV displays correctly in the prompt message.
- A variable’s value in the subroutine is shown correctly on the “VARIABLES” part.
- Values in the dynamic array are split and displayed properly.
- New files no longer render as a deleted state, which avoids triggering an auto refresh – keeping the file state normal.
For more information on future MVVS releases and to collaborate with fellow MVVS users, please visit the Rocket MVVS: MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code forum.
Where can I get Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code?
Please visit the VS Code Marketplace to download the free Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code extension today.