Safety Insurance was founded in 1979 with a belief that it would succeed as a company if customers were given the best possible service. A leading provider of property and casualty insurance in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine, Safety Insurance offers a portfolio of personal lines insurance products including private passenger auto, homeowners, dwelling ﬁre, and personal umbrella policies. In addition, Safety Insurance also offers commercial lines insurance products spanning commercial auto, business owner, commercial package, and commercial umbrella policies. Sold exclusively through a network of professional independent agents, Safety Insurance provides agents with state-of-the-art tools that make it easy to service and protect their customers. Safety Insurance has consistently received an "A" rating from A.M. Best.
At the heart of Safety’s business is a proprietary claims processing system, which runs on an IBM i environment. In 2011, the IT team started researching ways to better harness the system’s power while making it easier for employees to perform day-to-day tasks. A key bottleneck involved accessing third party systems which are essential to processing customer renewals in a timely fashion.
- Converted more than 800 green screens to a modern GUI
- Helped grow the employee base to more than 33% Millennials
- Recorded a 75% decrease in the research time required to complete policy renewals
- Enhanced overall efﬁciency of the claims process, resulting in a better customer experience
- Application Modernization
Information Technology Director,