Give your developers the open software they want through a system that combines an easy user experience with the security and support IBM® zSystems® customers demand
Rocket® Open AppDev for zSystems helps you bring applications to market faster, at lower cost and with less risk. We make it easier to implement modern application development practices by automating processes while ensuring compliance to organizational standards and business rules.
Rocket Open AppDev for zSystems provides:
- 20 ported open-source tools and languages for IBM zSystems, bundled for the AppDev experience (with more to be added over time)
- Secure, controlled and easy deployment, with a package management system that also serves as an environment manager (SMP/E install option also available)
- Rapid delivery of CVE patches and version currency updates
- World-class 24x7x365 global support
Rocket Open AppDev for zSystems is much more than a collection of software ports. Rocket has years of investment into automation infrastructure, packaging and delivery options, and an experienced support team. This system combines the high security that mainframe customers demand with an easy user experience for sysprogs and end users.
Compliance and security
Many of the world’s largest banks, insurance companies and government agencies rely on Rocket Open Source Languages and Tools for zSystems/OS. That’s why we feel it's essential that we check our deliverables for vulnerabilities and follow proper licensing requirements.
All of our products are:
- Continuously kept up to date against the NIST National Vulnerability Database
- Scanned for both security vulnerabilities and conformance to proper open-source licensing prior to release
Our Open-Source Support packages are based on the same world-class, customer-centric principles as our other support offerings. When it comes to open-source support, we're offering support and fixes for open-source development tools as opposed to consultancy or solution engineering services.