Rocket U2 Technical Specifications
Rocket U2 Technical Specifications
Rocket SystemBuilder Extensible Architecture (SB/XA) includes the following:
- SB/XA Application Server
- SB/XA Communications Server
- SB/XA Presentation Components (SB/XA Rich Client and SB/XA Browser Client)
SB/XA Application Server supports a minimum of UniVerse 11.1 and UniData 7.3 database versions.
Operating System Requirements
The following operating systems support components of SB/XA on Windows:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- R2 Service Pack 1 or later (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012*
- Standard edition (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition, Service Pack 1 or later (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8*
- Enterprise edition (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10*
- Enterprise edition (64-bit)
* Certified for SB/XA Rich Client and SB/XA Communications Server only.
Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5.1 or later is required to support SB/XA. If you have installed all of Microsoft's recommended updates for any Windows platform listed above, you already have Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5.1 or later. If you do not have the required version of .NET Framework on your computer, you can get it as a free download from the Microsoft product download site.
Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 install Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5 by default.
The following requirements must be met in order for U2 Toolkit for .NET to work correctly on your system.
- Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 2012, Windows 2008
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5, 4.0
- Microsoft® Visual Studio 2013, 2012, 2010
- Microsoft® Entity Framework 6.1, 5.0, 4.x
Supported versions of Rocket® UniData and Rocket® Universe
- UniData 7.2 or later
- UniVerse 11.1 or later
Supported versions of Microsoft® Visual Studio
|U2 Toolkit for .NET||Microsoft® Visual Studio||Microsoft® .NET Framework||Microsoft® Entity Framework||Microsoft®Visual Studio Express|
|U2 Toolkit for .NET Provider||2013, 2012, 2010||4.5, 4.0||6.1, 5.0, 4.x||2013, 2012, 2010|
|U2 Toolkit for .NET Developer||2013, 2012, 2010||4.5, 4.0||6.1, 5.0, 4.x||No support|
For more information about the changes in Microsoft® Visual Studio, refer to the Microsoft website: www.microsoft.com/visualstudio.
|Business Intelligence Development Studio within the Visual Studio environment||2013||2012||2010|
|Native Visual Studio Integration||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Most recent version
U2 Toolkit for .NET 2.2 is the latest version of the product.
- 6.1, 7.1
- System p (64-bit)
- Intel Itanium 2 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7; SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11
- x86 (64-bit)
- 10, 11
- Sun UltraSPARC (64-bit)
- 2008, 2011, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- x86 (64-bit)
Most recent version:
UniData is available in four editions: Personal Edition, Workgroup Edition, Server Edition and Enterprise Edition.
wIntegrate 6.4 can be installed locally, as a thin client on Windows or run as a thin client Java application/applet in a Web browser on Windows, Linux and Macs. The Administrator and Monitor components are only applicable to the thin-client installation.
wIntegrate includes five components:
Scripting is the key to wIntegrate's flexibility—it is core functionality and controls everything from displaying a simple character onscreen to running complex GUI applications. Scripts can be compiled for deployment on client PCs. Query Builder and Report Wizard are scripts for which source code is supplied to help users see how client-driven interfaces work.
Flexible and mature wIntegrate scripting capabilities include:
- More than 550 commands and 400 methods and properties
- Familiar syntax for host BASIC programmers
- Expressions and variables
- Dynamic arrays with Locate, Insert and other commands
- Loops and conditional execution
- Built-in and user-defined functions
- Mouse input and file I/O on the PC and host
- Full support for OLE, ActiveX and Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)
- Comprehensive support for dialog boxes
- Dialog Designer, which allows dialogs to be created using the mouse
- Linking of controls to host or PC data
- Use of ActiveX server components
- Ability to execute host subroutines and receive results back from the PC
- Standard Windows common controls
- Grid with more than 60 methods and properties
- Date/time control
Scripts can also be executed from the host. To help developers get started, wIntegrate provides nearly 300 subroutines to accept parameters and generate scripts that are passed down to the PC for execution. These host subroutines and customized scripts can completely control the application. Windows' benefits and GUI features can be added where appropriate, while the main interface is left unchanged.
For example, the supplied subroutines may be used to control:
- Any wIntegrate function
- Custom icon bars, menus and pop-up dialogs
- Scalable images, charts and graphs
- OLE automation to other applications
- Any MAPI-compliant e-mail application
The wIntegrate Server supports central control and administration for the clients. Server-based processing introduces many benefits, such as client independence and central administration. The wIntegrate server can be administered from any authorized desktop, and a Monitor application allows sessions to be viewed and controlled by authorized users from any PC on the network.
wIntegrate offers three deployment options:
- Classic local installation where the application is installed entirely to the local PC
- Thin-client deployment as a Windows application, connected to the host through the wIntegrate server
- Thin-client deployment as a Java applet, connected to the host through the wIntegrate server
All deployment options allow Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or secure shell (SSH) to be used for end-to-end security.
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by deploying applications centrally using thin-client operations with minimum software and data residing on the user desktop. A screen and keyboard interface on the desktop PC acts as a front-end to the wIntegrate server, which resides on a remote Windows server.
The thin client on the desktop PC can be either a Windows application, which is indistinguishable from the classic local installation, or a Java applet running inside a browser. Server-based processing introduces many benefits, such as client independence and central administration.
For transferring data with ease, the graphical Query Builder is unparalleled. This powerful tool supports U2 and similar multi-valued hosts and provides rich functionality, making it possible to:
- Display reports onscreen in the built-in GUI viewer or transfer data to and from PC applications
- Dynamically select files, items, fields and destination PC application parameters
- Automatically e-mail reports
- Save and recall query parameters with optional run-time prompts for selection criteria
- Save queries for reuse by non-technical users
- Use optional host-based security
- Use popular file formats, including Excel, HTML, XML and Word Mail Merge
- Bridge copy between different hosts
The Report Wizard converts host-based reports from unwieldy printouts to PC files, allowing the user to:
- List available reports from a HOLD file
- Preview reports, including thumbnails
- Access quick views in the GUI Report Viewer
- Transfer data to Excel or HTML
- Parse automatic columns with manual adjustment
- Save and restore templates with custom parsing
There are multiple options for U2 Clients and DBTools. The system requirements for each of these products are contained in their documentation, which can be accessed using the link below. Please note that to use these products you must be using Rocket UniVerse or Rocket UniData.
U2 Web Development Environment contains four key components (product requirements and recommendations are listed below.)
- U2 Web Designer
- RedBack Object Server
- Java Scheduler
- RedBeans/RedPages.NET Client APIs
U2 Web Designer
U2 Web Designer is an Eclipse-based tool that provides a complete environment to create and maintain RBOs, standard objects that encapsulate your business logic for use in your web applications.
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Server 2012
RedBack Object Server
RedBack Object Server resides on the same machine as UniData or UniVerse.
Minimum Version UniData 7.2 UniVerse 10.3 Recommended Version UniData 8.1 UniVerse 11.2.3
- 7.1 (64-bit)
- 6.0 (64-bit)
- 7.0 (64-bit)
- 11.31 Intel Itanium (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7 (64-bit)
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 (SP2) (64-bit)
- 11 x86 (64-bit)
- 11 SPARC (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (sp1) (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (R2 SP1) (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (R2) (64-bit)