Servergraph for IBM i FAQ
Servergraph for IBM i FAQ
Rocket Servergraph goes beyond command-line log analysis and proactively monitors your entire IBM i environment - across servers and their associated applications via a single view - providing real-time, in-depth visibility that helps you better manage your IBM i processes, costs, and risks.
To provide you with further insight about the module, we’ve put together some frequently asked questions.
What does Rocket® Servergraph for IBM i monitor?
Rocket Servergraph is the industry’s only solution that supports both BRMS and IBM i. It goes beyond command-line log analysis and proactively monitors your entire IBM i environment across servers and their associated applications via a single view. Servergraph provides real-time, in-depth visibility that helps you better manage your IBM i processes, costs, and risks. It’s easy to monitor and report on:
- General IBM i storage (pools, volumes, and more)
- General IBM i performance (CPU, latency, and more)
- BRMS objects and statuses
- Replication/HA reporting on Rocket® iCluster for IBM i
- Much more
Are there unique standard reports for IBM i?
Yes, Servergraph reports for IBM i include:
- Backup history: a dashboard showing backup activities over time
- Media pools: a table displaying all defined media pools
- Move policies: a table displaying all defined move policies
- Object list: a table displaying all defined objects
IBM i servers
- IBM i /Memory/Current
- IBM i /System/CPU Current
- IBM i /System/CPU History
- In addition to the built-in reports and graph views, the Servergraph Report Builder makes a complete set of tables available, allowing you to customize reports and produce “custom dashboards,” schedule emails, or archive reports.
- IBM i/Storage/ASPs/Definitions
- IBM i/Storage/Capacity History
- IBM i/Storage/Disks/Definitions
- IBM i/Storage/Disks/Trends
- IBM i/BRMS/Storage/ASPs/Trends
Rocket iCluster is a high availability/disaster recovery (HA/DR) solution for IBM i. If you are using Rocket iCluster, Servergraph makes it easy to monitor your iCluster HA environment, too.
- Summary: at-a-glance dashboard showing iCluster health
- Server monitor: key health-check data points
- Node statuses: a list of all defined nodes with their statuses
- Node statuses history: daily summary
- Replication groups: a list of all application groups with their statuses
- Replication group history: a history of application group replication statuses
Does Servergraph connect to the “IBM i box” or to the partitions?
How does Servergraph collect IBM i data?
Servergraph is agentless, quickly collecting the necessary data without adding any overhead. The data collection frequency is user-defined and can be preset to intervals that make the best sense for the type of data to be collected. And of course, Servergraph only collects metadata–never your business data or content.
How do I receive alerts, and in which formats?
With Servergraph, alerts are user-defined and easy to set up. Servergraph can generate and send alerts via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or emails, with options to integrate with ServiceNow upon request.
Servergraph goes beyond command-line log analysis and proactively monitors your entire IBM i environment across servers and their associated applications, providing an in-depth IBM i monitoring and reporting solution via a “single view.” Servergraph:
- Helps you identify issues as soon as they happen
- Alerts the right personnel immediately, ensuring fast resolution and maximizing resource utilization
- Validates your IBM i backups to meet your regulatory requirements and internal SLAs
Is there integration with other Rocket products for the IBM i environment?
Yes, Servergraph also integrates with Rocket iCluster, a high availability/disaster recovery (HA/DR) solution for IBM i. By combining IBM i/BRMS monitoring with HA, Servergraph provides a complete business-continuity view into your backup and storage processes, along with replication and resynchronization. In the event of a disaster or outage, your business will be up and running in hours—not days (or weeks).
Can I monitor more than just IBM i with Servergraph?
Yes. With Servergraph, not only can you easily understand what's happening with your IBM i systems, you can also get an in-depth view across multiple environments. Reports combine data from IBM i with data from more than 30 other supported backup and storage platforms and applications. Servergraph includes hundreds of customizable reports for backup and storage operations, helping you immediately gain visibility into your heterogeneous environments.
How is Servergraph licensed for IBM i?
Servergraph is licensed for each instance of IBM i and BRMS. Each instance will be considered a “licensed module.”