Rocket D3 DBMS - Features
Admin use only: Features (deprecated)
What you get
Rocket D3 DBMS is a high-performance, cost-efficient solution with powerful features.
- Transcending the limitations of two-dimensional relational models, the D3 MultiValue database model adds additional dimensions to reflect true business data modeling. MultiValues, along with their sub-Values and associated sub-MultiValues, permit the stacking of data and/or keys within a field or fields and eliminate the need for dependent tables and joins.
- Files may consist of an unlimited number of records. Records may have up to two billion fields. Fields may be up to 2GB (numeric or string). A process may open up to 32,000 files.
- Fields can change dynamically, having no length or data type restrictions. Adding fields to a file does not require reformatting or restructuring.
- Field definitions are stored in an integrated data dictionary providing for conversions, formatting and self-documentation. Multiple definitions may be used on all fields. The dictionaries also provide the interface for database triggers.
Access Query Language (AQL)
- D3 includes a powerful English-like query and command language, Access Query Language (AQL), for creating result sets and reports.
- The Open Systems File Interface (OSFI) allows D3 applications access to “foreign” files and relational database structures. The Rocket OpenDB product allows seamless access to data in an RDBMS. Relational data can be read, written and selected as if it is D3 data.
- D3 MultiValue data is available through ODBC and SQL. The D3 ODBC interface supports the use of relational front-end tools, which facilitates reporting and the sharing of information with applications based on relational database technology. D3 has multiple avenues to move or access data, including OSFI/ODBC, SQL/ODBC, .NET, Java, Web services and more.
- The file system may reside on top of a group of host-system files or on a raw storage device for maximum performance. Additional storage devices may be added at any time without rebuilding the D3 database.
Rapid Data Access
- A hashed indexing scheme on primary record keys assures access to data elements with a minimum of disk reads, regardless of database size. This D3 distributed disk management enhances performance.
- Cross-indexing is supported for fast access to records via secondary keys. Balanced-tree index maintenance and synchronization is performed automatically by the system during all updates.
On-Line File Resizing
- An online file resizing utility is provided to keep files in an optimal state without interrupting processing or user access to data.
File Level Encryption Utilizing AES-128 Encryption
- Efficient encryption of data offers enhanced file security.
- The true 64-bit version provides larger addressing space per process and larger core memory for faster application performance (D3 AIX only).