Eclipse-based Workbench, New Modernization Tools, Smart Phone & Tablet Support
Newton, MA – September 27, 2011 - Rocket Software, Inc. (www.rocketsoftware.com) today announced the availability of Rocket Seagull LegaSuite 6, the latest version of its application modernization suite offering new features and functions across the entire LegaSuite lineup of modernization, integration, localization, automation, reporting, and testing solutions. LegaSuite 6 accelerates an organization’s ability to deliver sophisticated and powerful Web-enabled and mobile-enabled applications to its end users and customers, while eliminating any risk of changing their mission-critical applications.
“We’ve been a LegaSuite customer for years,” said Steve Ironside, CEO at Jobpac. “And as an early adopter of LegaSuite 6, we see significant value in this next generation application modernization solution and are looking forward to not only getting more mileage from our IBM i applications but to also further enhance the experience of our 6,000 strong end user community."
LegaSuite 6 offers several new features and components designed to help customers maximize the value of their existing applications and eliminate risk, regardless of their enterprise platform. These include:
- Eclipse-based development workbench. All LegaSuite application modernization tools are now in Eclipse. This means that customers can leverage new development and productivity features including drag-and-drop functionality, multiple undo functionality, improved script debugging, and a native text editor. The new LegaSuite Workbench also brings a number of key benefits, including true team-based development and integration with any source control environment.
- Team-based development. LegaSuite 6 now lets developers use any source control system and easily collaborate with other developers and business users.
- Faster, easier deployment. LegaSuite 6 features faster performing runtime engines that are easier to configure, easier to load balance, and ready for SaaS and cloud deployments. LegaSuite runtime engines have been simplified so that a single runtime engine can simultaneously work with mainframe, IBM i, and UNIX applications.
- Process automation tool. LegaSuite Workflow is a process automation and workflow module that automates business processes and improves workflows that span multiple people and systems.
- Dashboards, reports, and charts. LegaSuite Insight is designed to help customers modernize and design Web and mobile dashboards, as well as create reports and charts to vastly improve current reporting capabilities of existing systems.
- Automated functional testing tool. LegaSuite Test Suite is designed to help customers create and execute automated test plans to further improve solution quality and performance.
- SOA integration features:
- Java runtime in CICS. LegaSuite now offers a Java-based runtime CICS engine that leverages the latest multithreaded 64-bit JVM server in IBM CICS TS 4.2 and brings significant savings for SOA deployments, reducing the cost of ownership of an SOA infrastructure.
- Support for all IBM System z specialty engines. LegaSuite 6 now supports all System z specialty engines—System z Integrated Information Processor (zIIP), System z Application Assist Processor (zAAP), and Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL)—which can dramatically lower the cost of SOA workloads.
- Client/server modernization enhancements. LegaSuite has a new visual design tool for building SOA interfaces for client/server applications in languages such as PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, MFC/Visual C++, Smalltalk, Delphi, and COOL:GEN.
One of Rocket Software’s long-time partners of LegaSuite is Fujitsu. "We're pleased to begin offering LegaSuite 6 as part of the Fujitsu Global Legacy Modernization Offering," said Chris Gaskin, Solutions Director at Fujitsu. "We've been successful with earlier versions of LegaSuite, and with the latest version we are able to offer our global customer base even greater value for modernizing mainframe, IBM i, and other applications."
"Our goal is to help businesses eliminate risk and meet very aggressive time-to-market requirements at an exceptionally low cost to the alternatives,” said Sam Elias, General Manager, Application Development, Integration, and Modernization Business Unit at Rocket Software. “Not only have we improved the world-class modernization capabilities LegaSuite offers, but we’re introducing entirely new modernization tools for what businesses need today. And by bringing the entire LegaSuite portfolio into the industry standard Eclipse environment, customers can now practice team-based development more effectively and produce higher quality solutions in less time and with less risk.”
LegaSuite 6 is available now. Licensed active customers can upgrade to LegaSuite 6 at no extra charge and special pricing on new LegaSuite modules is also available. Please visit http://seagull.rocketsoftware.com/products_application-modernization_tour to learn more about LegaSuite 6.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software (www.rocketsoftware.com) is a global software development firm that builds enterprise products and delivers enterprise solutions in the following segments: Business Intelligence and Analytics; Storage, Networks, and Compliance; Application Development, Integration, and Modernization; and Database Servers and Tools. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC, Fujitsu, HP Enterprise Services, Hitachi Data Systems, Avaya, Motorola, Epicor, and many others. The company is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.