Includes the ability to monitor, display and perform actions on behalf of DFSMShsm
Kirkland, WA – November 18, 2008 – Mainstar (www.mainstar.com), an industry-leading provider of data access solutions in the System z arena, today announced the general availability of HSM Reporter/Manager Release 9, which now includes the ability to monitor, display and perform actions on behalf of DFSMShsm. HSM Reporter/Manager R9 provides this type of information and more. HSM Reporter/Manager helps you research and report on DFSMShsm activity and can also monitor what is going on within the DFSMShsm address space – all in an easy-to-use ISPF interface. No other product on the market does this.
Knowing what commands provide what information - and understanding the information these commands display - could take years. With HSM Reporter/Manager Release 9 this information and actions are now at your fingertips. With HRM R9 you quickly know information such as what Control Data Sets are active, what data sets HSM is currently allocated to, what the current SETSYS values are, the EXITS and PATCHES that are active, DFSMShsm address space memory information, DFSMShsm Enqueues and more.
According to Product Manager Steven Clar, "These enhancements now make HSM Reporter/Manager a DFSMShsm Administration product and not just a DFSMShsm reporting tool. The most important feature of this new release is HRM new ability to display the DFSMShsm queue space. Not only will HRM display all the requests in the queue, it also provides the ability to cancel a long-running request and allow other requests to start processing, as well as the ability to alter the priority of requests."
New features and functions
- New Product Panels (30 new HSM reports)
- The new product panels provide real-time reporting from both the DFSMShsm Control Data Sets and Log files. Unlike the HSM reports in the previous HRM release, HRM R9 now reads the active CDS or LOG file to produce current real-time requested report.
- New Product Menu
- With the new HRM R9 product menu, customers can quickly and easily move within the HRM product with single keystrokes and short cuts.
- More HSM Information and Functionality
- HSM internals information (Know information like HSM CSA allocation and usage, etc.)
- More extensive reporting within the Control Data Sets (Now provides real-time reporting directly from the Control Data Sets and Log files)
- Additional Storage and SMS reporting (Reporting on volumes managed by ADDVOL commands and SMS owned volumes)
- New Health Reporting (Better understanding of the overall health of a DFSMShsm and storage environment)
- Display the HSM queues (Display and perform actions (Display and Monitor) DFSMShsm requests from within the product. Customers no longer need to issue generic HSM commands or guess what to do; all functionality is supplied within the product)
- Cancel HSM requests within the product (Perform an action against a DFSMShsm request from within the product. Customers no longer need to issue generic HSM commands or guess what to do; all functionality is supplied within the product)
About MainstarMainstar (www.mainstar.com), founded in 1978, provides innovative data access solutions for System Z environments. The company, which is now part of Rocket Software (www.rocketsoftware.com), offers outstanding products and services backed by an extraordinary depth of knowledge and a focus on MVS and large system installations. For more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1.800.233.6838.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software (www.rocketsoftware.com) is a global software development firm that builds enterprise products and delivers enterprise solutions in the following segments: Business Intelligence and Analytics; Storage, Networks, and Compliance; Application Development, Integration, and Modernization; and Database Servers and Tools. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC, Fujitsu, HP Enterprise Services, Hitachi Data Systems, Avaya, Motorola, Epicor, and many others. The company is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.