Rocket® Discover 1.5 packs a powerful set of enhancements that help business users and analysts extend the value of your IBM BI investments; accelerate data preparation; and more effectively communicate business insights. Discover highlights include IBM Cognos Native Connectivity which gives you access to IBM Cognos BI 10 and TM1 sources, Smarter Self-Service Data Prep, which provides auto-joins, and Presentation Mode to help expedite executive discussions and approvals.
Data Preparation Enhancements
- Auto-hierarchy – Column correlation detection to determine data structure relationships from the highest (parent) level to next lowest (children) members.
- Auto-joins – Column interrogation that determines which columns look similar and have common data types in order to provide the best join suggestions to accelerate the data enrichment process.
- Output to TM1 and TDE – Data result sets created through data preparation can be exported to IBM Cognos TM1 and Tableau Data Extract file formats to leverage data enrichment processes completed in Discover for increased ROI.
- Calculation Editor Enhancements – As you type in the function box, you will see a list of function predictions that are similar to the one you’re typing. And Microsoft Excel functions are now supported so you can leverage pre-existing product knowledge.
- Dimensional Modeling – Build your data model prototype for new TM1 cube design, complete with hierarchy structure.
Discover has expanded data source connectivity to include:
Live Query data access is now available, giving Discover a hybrid approach to data access. Now you have the option to decide if you want to use in-memory data access to take advantage of the local computing power to speed up data discovery, or live direct access to data, when you need up-to-the minute data. The choice is yours.
Discover 1.5 Release
- IBM® Cognos® 10 BI content, including Queries and PowerCubes
Discover 1.5.1 Release (December)
- IBM Netezza®
- IBM Db2 z/OS
- IBM Db2 iSeries
Discover 1.5.2 Release (Q1 2016)
- Rocket MultiValue D3
- Rocket MultiValue U2
Discover is now available in the following languages: